This elegantly compact, jacketed hardcover book celebrates Walt Disney's worldwide experiences and influences. It's perfect for any coffee table or library--and can still fit in as on-the-go reading!
From his earliest years, Walt Disney aimed to expand his boundaries: physical, creative, and intellectual. Throughout his life, Walt was a frequent and enthusiastic "tourist," visiting destinations around the United States of America and across the globe. Whether attending a premiere, supervising a film production, or simply vacationing with his family, the "All-American" Walt became a citizen of the world. From Denmark to Argentina, England to Greece, Austria, Chile, Canada, France . . . all of them welcomed Walt as an emissary of his good name, good works, and good reputation.
In Travels with Walt Disney: A Photographic Voyage Around the World
, seldom-seen and never-before-published photographs are showcased along with eyewitness recollections and enlightening anecdotes, arranged into a one-of-a-kind "travel journal" as if Walt himself might have documented these exciting excursions in one special place to keep the memories alive and to share with readers.Searching for that perfect gift for the #1 Disney fan in your life? Explore more behind-the-scenes stories from Disney Editions:
- Travels with Figment: On the Road in Search of Disney Dreams (By Disney Legend Marty Sklar)
- One Little Spark! Mickey's Ten Commandments and The Road to Imagineering (By Disney Legend Marty Sklar)
- Magic Journey: My Fantastical Walt Disney Imagineering Career (By Kevin Rafferty)
- Eat Like Walt: The Wonderful World of Disney Food (By Marcy Carriker Smothers)
- Walt Disney: An American Original (By Bob Thomas)
- Disney A to Z: The Official Encyclopedia, Fifth Edition (By Disney Legend Dave Smith)
- Disney Facts Revealed: Answers to Fans' Curious Questions (By Disney Legend Dave Smith)
- Disney Trivia from the Vault: Secrets Revealed and Questions Answered (By Disney Legend Dave Smith)
- My Pride: Mastering Life's Daily Performance from Broadway's Record-Breaking Lion King (By Alton Fitzgerald White)
- Be Our Guest: Perfecting the Art of Customer Service, Revised and Updated Edition (By The Disney Institute)