This up-to-date informative and fully illustrated guide provides all the information you need to gain and then safeguard your hard-won licence, go to work successfully in the industry and enhance your employment opportunities.
This invaluable 28 chapter handbook is written by an LGV 1 driver of 24 years' experience in collaboration with an LGV trainer for the sole purpose of helping new and returning drivers confidently and safely into work. Readers will find this comprehensive handbook beneficial, accessible and user friendly.
Whether you are just starting out in your career, or a returning veteran of the open road, you will find everything you need in these chapters to support your way forward, including:
- In depth tips and advice for passing the on road driving test.
- An overview of the technology you will be expected to use day to day.
- A clear, simplified review of the rules and regulations that you will have to abide by.
- A guide to operating the various different types of trucks: curtain siders, reefers, hook loaders, skips, grabs, tippers, cranes etc.
- A guide to operating the various different types of trailers: tautliners, reefers, containers, double deckers, low loaders, car transporters etc.
- Step by step instructions for: loading equipment, safe loading, load securing, coupling, vehicle checks, as well as using digicards and digital tachographs.
- Detailed pre-employment examination test paper and answers.
- Useful, multi-scenario job advice and much more.......!
The 1st edition was reviewed in Truck & Driver magazine in summer 2016 and made editor's choice of the month.