The Internet and its associated technologies has steadily become a cornerstone of many peoples interaction with the world. It allows us to shop, bank, communicate, entertain ourselves and much more. It has provided a revolution in how we deal with everyday tasks and how we spend our free time.
Yet the Internet was designed in simpler times where many of the less desirable aspects that, sadly, we now take for granted were unimagined.
This book aims to uncover some of the fundamental aspects of how the Internet works and how these features lend themselves to the potential abuse and criminal activities that we all seem, sadly, to assume as normal.
- Explains why the Internet and the World Wide Web are not the same!
- Teaches how malware can infect your computer
- Introduces the Internet of Things (IOT)
- Shows how your data propagates across the Internet
- Summarises the Deep Web and the Dark Web
- Looks at the principles of ransomware and cryptography
- And much more...
The author has worked in computer security (Cyber Security) for over 40 years. Among other qualifications, he is a CISSP (Certified Information Security Systems Professional), a Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH) and is certified by UK Government Agencies to teach Cyber Security. He has taught thousands of delegates and worked for many bluechip companies and government agencies.