The single most important skill in management is learning to observe and become reflective. In this book, Christine Haskell pulls together common experiences where managers at all levels are likely to get stuck, organized against central emotional intelligence principles: self-awareness, self-regulation, empathy, motivation, and social skills.
Use the guide for in-the-moment advice and perspective, or as inspiration for reflection. Summarize valuable approaches in the back of the book to comprise your own development curriculum. Driving Results Through Others is a book that will find a home on any employee's short list of handy references.
The book includes:
- A simple, easy-to-understand question-answer format.
- Common snags or concerns of managers and a path forward to consider.
- Dozens of tools, models, and strategies.
- Space and prompts for reflective work.
- An opportunity for the reader to create their own reflective practice based on what resonates most.