Learn the new medium-term rental strategy--all the benefits of investing in Airbnbs without the hassle of turnover or the risk of changing city regulations!
The Long Short is a thorough guide to finding and operating a medium-term rental (MTR). It's a simple yet profitable concept: Instead of keeping a short-term rental or turning your Airbnb into a long-term rental, the host requires a 30-plus-night stay and reaps a massive list of benefits.
With nearly 30 properties and decades of real estate investing experience between them, authors Zeona McIntyre and Sarah Weaver introduce the world to the new rental strategy in town with entertaining case studies woven in to keep you engaged the whole way through. Not only will you discover exactly why this strategy trumps short-term and long-term rentals, but you'll also learn the intricacies of finding the right properties, supplying the right furniture, and finding the right tenants.
With the medium-term rental strategy, you will:
- No longer need to worry about short-term rental regulations
- Handle less communication and coordination with renters
- Cut out a big percent of expenses on supplies, cleaning fees, and admin work
- Say goodbye to lodging tax
- Simplify your bookkeeping
- Gain the ability to set your rates due to less competition
- Deal with less vacancy than long-term rentals
- Use the property yourself or as a guest apartment when needed
- Find popularity in unusual locations (near a port, warehouse, etc.), allowing for cheaper property purchases
- And much more!